Thursday, December 25, 2014

James C. Carlson, 1947-1968

Christmas morning, and I got out of the house at 5:45, probably just following Saint Nick. It's finally feeling like winter, or at least winter in Central California, and I wished I had my gloves... fingers were getting prickly from the cold. I got up to the Memorial before the sun came up. Only one of the three decorated trees was lit; the smallest one, but it gave out a bright light. 


The run this morning was for James C. Carlson, listed as being from Salinas, but he was probably originally from Tennessee.

If you're wondering why Twisselman is running for these men who died in the Vietnam War, check out the blog entry here that explains it.
___________________________________________________________________________

James C. Carlson
1947-1968

U.S. Army PFC for whom an entry was made on his page at VVMF.org:

"From his High School yearbook: Working on cars and motorcycles is Jim's favorite pastime, and he is an active participant in the T. & I. Club. His talent in art will probably lead him to study in that field at M.T.S.U." - Ken Neely

No comments:

Post a Comment